[MPlayer-users] Color problems with video

Deron Kazmaier deron at pagestream.org
Mon Nov 21 05:41:07 CET 2011

> On 11/20/11 2:47 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> Deron Kazmaier<deron<at>  pagestream.org>  writes:
>>
>>> [decklink] Selected display mode: HD 720p 59.94
>> Is this a decklink-only problem? (Works fine for me with -vo gl).
>> Sorry, this wasn't initially clear to me.
>>
>> Carl Eugen
>>

> I don't know. Did you scale/pad to 1280x720 in your test? If so, then it must be.
>
> The decklink requires IMGFMT_UYVY (or less so IMGFMT_BGRA). What could be the problem, if other video works? The driver should fail with any other formats.
>
> Can I force output to one or the other to see if one of the two code paths is incorrect?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Deron

Well, looking at another video that plays properly, it also produces
output that indicates that the video is yuv420p (it happens to be a VC1
encoded file).

And I'm pretty sure that the ProRes files I have played are the same.

So what about this file could cause the confusion? I see an alignment
error in the output I posted. Could that cause flipping of bytes that
scrambles the color? (It does after all appear like u & v are swapped).

Deron