[MPlayer-users] streaming a mosaic formed by mplayer+vdpau

trunkline trunkline3 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 20:01:49 CET 2011

Hello,
I'm making a mosaic playing 4  h264  streams simultaneously with MPlayer
SVN-1.rc4.0.r3108  on a  Mandriva Linux distriution. To improve the playback,
I using the "-vo-vc VDPAU ffh264vdpau" option. The  Reproduction on monitor
screen is correct and very fluid.

Then, I want to transmits the mosaic in a new stream. To do this, I use "
ffmpeg-f x11grab ...." or  "CVLC screen: / / .....".
The problem is that in the transmitted stream, always appears the
firststarted mplayer
in green video colour .

I associate the problem to  VDPAU coder, because if I play the same 4
streams without VDPAU all windows are properly transmitted in the  new
stream, but in this case the flow is not good.

You can try playing a single video with mplayer with VDPAU and
accessing the computer
with vncviewer. In this case appears a black box instead of green box. If
you play a second video with mplayer with VDPAU video playback its
displayed correctly.

Does anyone know any solution to this problem?

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.