[MPlayer-users] Feature Request: Get OSD Time as a Slave Command

mplayer mplayer at 2ndage.com
Wed Nov 16 18:35:52 CET 2011

>> I'd prefer to see "time_get_pos" changed to:
>>  if (demuxer->stream_pts != MP_NOPTS_VALUE)
>>    pos = demuxer->stream_pts;
>>  else if (sh_video)
>>    pos = sh_video->pts;
>
>I actually had the same thought the other day.  Except them you'd kind
>of lose the ability to get the underlying stream pts (would that be a
>problem though?)
>-roger-

That's why my original feature request was to add a new slave command called
"get_osd_time".

Leave the existing commands.  But help gui developers by alleviating their
burden of having to make one call to "get_property stream_time_pos" detect
an error then switch to "get_time_pos" -- this logic is much more easily
done inside mplayer using the above if/else code.

JR