[MPlayer-users] Fresh svn mplayer crashes on many ac3 streams

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat May 28 22:14:58 CEST 2011

> The thing is, you see, this is default mode; on sandy bridge systems
> "-march=native" with gcc 4.6 or higher

Huh? 4.6.0 is the latest version.
And honestly, the answer is: you never, never ever use a .0 version of gcc for stuff you actually use.
To my knowledge there hasn't been a single one without serious issues and MPlayer most of the time is affected.
Slightly more useful: -fno-tree-vectorize probably should always be used as for FFmpeg, the only thing it does is make the code slower and cause bugs.