[MPlayer-users] which command can handle millisecond position?

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Mon May 23 11:29:20 CEST 2011

>>> but, I need more perfect adjustment.
>>>
>>> how to change millisecond position?

> However, since even 60 fps is 16.666 milliseconds per frame, I don't
> really see the purpose.

Seekint, afaik jumps to the nearest (or the last before) keyframe to the
desired position. This can often be seconds away from the specified
position. So, you would anyway have to jump to a point before the
desired position and step frames forward until the exact position is
reached.

For MJPEG (or some other keyframe-only-codec) it would be possible to
jump to a certain frame, but that's a rare setting.

Greets,
Kiste