[MPlayer-users] Can't get English audio track to play from a Blu-Ray

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Fri May 20 18:09:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

> On 05/20/2011 09:48 AM, Jonathan Busby wrote:
>
>> I installed libx264 in /usr/local and recompiled mplayer . It almost
>> got to the end of the build then failed with this :
>>
>> ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(libx264.o): In function `X264_frame':
>> libx264.c:(.text+0x16a): undefined reference to `x264_picture_init'
>> libx264.c:(.text+0x21b): undefined reference to `x264_encoder_reconfig'
>
> OK, I'm currently getting the same bug, seems like SVN is broken at the
> moment. Just wait, usually these problems get fixed within a day or two.

* you can always check with 'nm /usr/local/lib/libx264.so' or 'nm
/usr/local/lib/libx264.a' whether your library actually has the symbol.

* the linker line (the command that fails) might give you a hint what
search order ld actually uses. Search paths specified in /etc/ld.so.conf
might come after /usr/lib (it's best to check 'man ld'), in which case
-L/usr/local/lib should appear (before other -L arguments) or
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is necessary.

* to make mplayer grab the right lib at runtime, a suitable RUNPATH can be
compiled in. But this is only important if you link against .so, not .a.

Raimund