[MPlayer-users] Can't get English audio track to play from a Blu-Ray

Linards Ticmanis ticmanis at gmx.de
Fri May 20 14:05:11 CEST 2011

On 05/20/2011 09:48 AM, Jonathan Busby wrote:

> I installed libx264 in /usr/local and recompiled mplayer . It almost
> got to the end of the build then failed with this :

Hmmm.... not sure what to say about that, but did you try completely
deleting the mplayer directory and re-running svn checkout? I had to do
that a while ago to get rid of similar problems, because of the changes
in the way ffmpeg is used in mplayer.

And before that, I'd do the same for your x264 git checkout. Delete it
and re-run git clone. configure, make, make install, delete any old
libx264.so.<number> (115 is current, get rid of everything else) form
/usr/local/lib, then do a "sudo ldconfig" to get the dynamic linker
configuration fixed, otherwise it might not pick up on the new
installation. Also make sure any and all traces of your old manually
compiled libx264 are gone, check /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/include
and /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig, or the corresponding directories from your
mplayer from a fresh checkout.

--
Linards Ticmanis