[MPlayer-users] Can't get English audio track to play from a Blu-Ray

Jonathan Busby jonathanbusby at gmail.com
Thu May 19 23:55:05 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Linards Ticmanis <ticmanis at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 05/19/2011 11:07 PM, Jonathan Busby wrote:
>
>>> Maybe you also need to update to a more recent x264? ;)
>>
>> Well, I thought of it but I don't want to clobber my system libx264
>> install and I don't want to go through the trouble of creating a
>> chroot and re-installing hundreds of libraries.
>
> My manually installed libx264 lives in /usr/local/lib and doesn't hurt
> the system libx264 in /usr/lib at all.

Could I ask what options you give to mplayer's configure script
relating to libx264 ?

I have my custom build of libx264 in /usr/local/libx264/lib and even
though I pass the configure script compiler options to use the related
lib and include directories or if I set my PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
accordingly I still get a compile error, probably because the system
libx264 is taking precedence.

Jonathan