[MPlayer-users] Extracting VOB Subtitles from MPG

Ergos 3rg0smail at gmail.com
Wed May 18 16:53:30 CEST 2011

I work for a broadcast channel and they have a thousands of mpg videos with
the subtitles enbedded into mpg format. This videos have many years and the
subtitles source are missing. I need to extract the subtitles from mpeg to
.SRT or other time and text format.

Thanx for your interest.

Note: I can run the MediaInfo application, and it's show:

Text #1
ID/String                        : 1004 (0x3EC)
MenuID/String                    : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : DVB Subtitle
CodecID                          : 6
Language/String                  : Spanish

Text #2
ID/String                        : 2080 (0x820)-100
MenuID/String                    : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : Teletext
Language/String                  : Spanish

Text #3
ID/String                        : 2080 (0x820)-888
MenuID/String                    : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : Teletext Subtitle
Language/String                  : Spanish

2011/5/18 Mike Castle <dalgoda+mplayer at gmail.com>

> How did you get movies.mpg?
>
> Normally I'd expect to see a .vob file or something you pass in using
> -dvd-device.
>
> mrc

Saludos, José Miguel Valenzuela.