[MPlayer-users] can't play megamind or train your dragon on linux (ubuntu 10.04)

Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski rambo at id.uw.edu.pl
Sat May 7 22:43:44 CEST 2011

> dvdnav:// does not work at all;

> Playing dvdnav://.
> No stream found to handle url dvdnav://

Apparently who ever mainains that mplayer package (I suggest if you want
to compile it yourself, use SVN/git) removed or didn't include dvdnav
support.

> There is still something weird about this dvd; I have to skip 10-12 to
> play the main feature and starting at 10 (dvd://10-30) won't work.
> Starting at 9-30 works as well as 13-30 (I think 13 is the mainfeature).

That's normal and pretty common that main feature is a further title on the DVD,
especially if it's redistributed release. It's actually nothing compared to
recent releases that you need to skip first 5-10 secs of the _title_ to be able
to play it, but on e.g. Star Trek DVD main title contains chapters in unordered
state so even if you copy the stream, movie will be unwatchable.