[MPlayer-users] Keep playing while dragging the MPlayer window

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue May 3 07:57:58 CEST 2011

On 3 May 2011, at 01:53, "Christer Toll" <christer.toll at bredband.net> wrote:
> Whenever I drag the MPlayer-window around (using Windows, in case it matters) the video freezes and the audio starts looping the same second. Is there a (simple) way to remedy this? I can drag SMplayer around as much as I want without this happening, so judging by that it should be possible, but it's hard to say how much code is behind that behavior.

I haven't found a sane way to support that on Windows.
It works for SMplayer because the Window you drag is handled by SMplayer whereas the one MPlayer actually uses is hidden inside it. So far replicating that would be possible but a pain.
However once you want MPlayer to also handle mouse/keyboard input into the first Window it becomes a major pain.
So far my conclusion is that it's one of those things where Windows API-wise still hasn't left the 80s.