[MPlayer-users] Strange play time in recorded transport stream

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Wed Mar 30 00:40:44 CEST 2011

Etienne Buira wrote on Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:13:25 +0200:

> AFAIK the format does not allow to reliably know where it is in the
> stream (designed to be continuous, and as the timestamps cannot grow
> forever, there is a need to cycle them). The only information close to
> reality I get (at least with -demuxer lavf) is the stream length.

ffprobe gives the correct length but an absurd start:

  Duration: 00:01:06.08, start: 28856.320756, bitrate: 3868 kb/s

If the start value is a random timestamp, then something like

  new_timestamp = timestamp - start;
  if (new_timestamp < 0) new_timestap += max_cycle_value + 1;

should solve the problem (and work with start: 0.000000 as well).

Ingo