[MPlayer-users] Mplayer and the missing ffmpeg

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Mar 27 23:31:44 CEST 2011

Krzysztof Duchnowski <amidk75 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >> Just follow the instructions configure gives. In case something
> >> went wrong just delete the ffmpeg/ subdirectory and configure will
> >> take care of it.
>
> > I did get todays svn to build, or at least to begin to build, by
> > copying ffmpeg from git to the mplayer source tree.

Don't do that, configure does it automatically for you.

> > But if I run configure without ffmpeg in the source tree, it doesn't
> >  give any instructions or otherwise take care of it.
>
> Not configure, *svn co* will do.

No.

svn checkout will only checkout MPlayer (but not FFmpeg which is needed to build
MPlayer).
Running configure in a fresh MPlayer checkout will offer you to pull a (new)
copy of FFmpeg:

$ svn co svn://mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer

$ cd mplayer
$ ./configure
No FFmpeg checkout, press enter to download one with git or CTRL+C to abort

(Now press enter to download FFmpeg, you will need git installed.)
On each subsequent call to configure FFmpeg will be updated.

Carl Eugen