[MPlayer-users] Armv6 compilation

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Mar 21 18:50:48 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:10:43AM +0100, Maciej Stramski wrote:
> I would like to compile the mplayer with SVC for arm
> architecture. I configured the project with:
> ./configure --target=arm --enable-armv6
>
> the configurations looks fine. On make however i get an
> interesting info:
>
> cc -MD -MP -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef
> -Wdisabled-optimization -Wno-pointer-sign
> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -std=gnu99 -Wall -Wno-switch
> -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O4   -pipe -ffast-math
> -fomit-frame-pointer -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.   -I/usr/X11/include
> -I/usr/X11/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11/include
> -I../Libs/SVC/lib_svc
> -I../Libs/AVC/h264_main_decoder/lib_main
> -I../Libs/AVC/h264_baseline_decoder/lib_baseline -c -o
> mpcommon.o mpcommon.c
> {standard input}:381:no such instruction: `rev16 %eax, %eax'
> make: *** [mpcommon.o] Error 1
>
> Is there anything else in configuration that i need to add
> to make it work ? Or there is smth i'm doing wrong ?

Yes, you should usually not use --enable-* options.
This also applies to --enable-armv6.
Configure will detect it. If it does not enable it that is because
the toolchain you selected does not support it, and forcing it will
result in exactly these errors.
It might be that you e.g. have to specify some --extra-cflags to tell
the toolchain to compile for something better than generic arm
(I think that ideally a different, more specific --target would
work, but I think it currently won't. Patches to improve things
welcome).