[MPlayer-users] [SOLVED]Screenshots with OSD

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 11:16:02 CET 2011

Oliver Seitz <info <at> vtnd.de> writes:

> > Is there a way to make 'mplayer -vf screenshot' capture what is on the OSD?
> > I need the timer in particular.
>
> And if there is a way, would this include the bmovl filter? :)
>
> Greets,
> Kiste

What is the bomvl filter? That word does not appear in the MPlayer manual.
However, while looking for it in the VIDEO FILTERS section, I found what I
needed:

-vf expand[=w:h:x:y:o:a:r], where a=1 turns on OSD rendering.

mplayer -osdlevel 2 -vf expand=::::1:,screenshot test.avi does what I want.
Thanks.

Regards,
John Brown.