[MPlayer-users] MPlayer TV sound not controlled

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Jun 23 17:10:28 CEST 2011

Le quintidi 5 messidor, an CCXIX, Prakash Sompura a écrit :
> I have Philips Semiconductors SAA7130 Video Broadcast Decoder (rev 01)
> Multimedia controller. I am using Fedora13 kernel
> 2.6.34.8-68.fc13.i686.PAE.
>
> I have configured my Mplayer for TV. I am able to see picture and
> listen sound very nicely but I am not able to change the volume level
> of the TV sound. However I am able to change the volume level when I
> am playing any video file like AVI / MKV etc with the same MPlayer
> setup.

I do not understand your situation. You say that you can hear the sound, but
in the mplayer output:

> Audio: no sound <-------------

... you emphasize the line that say that there is no sound.

In particular, for those of us who do not have nor know your decoder,
explaining what kind of decoder it is (analog or numeric? how is it
connected?) would probably be useful.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George