[MPlayer-users] UDP -udp-slave video sync

rob at goto10.org rob at goto10.org
Wed Jun 8 00:16:41 CEST 2011

 On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:29:12 -0400, Morris Beverly wrote:
> mplayer -udp-slave myvid.mkv
>>
>> then mplayer should apparently freeze on a frame and wait for
>> messages from a  master instance - for me this does not happen - it
>> just plays as normal... i get no error messges about -udp-* even with
>> a -v
>>
> I haven't tried this yet myself, but it looks pretty cool.  Just a
> thought though -- did you set up your broadcast address as mentioned
> in the man page?

 yeah this would be really nice to get working - yes i checked my
 broadcast address with ifconfig - but i think -udp-slave shoud just
 freeze and listen waiting for the master - nevertheless i have tried
 many combinations ...
 got my info here

 http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/networksync.html
 and
 http://code.google.com/p/liquid-galaxy/wiki/PanoramicVideo

 i cc in jholt who i think is the author of the patch - and sorry in
 advance if i am missing something obvious

 cheers

 rob