[MPlayer-users] Getting the best sound from mplayer

Tue Jul 19 14:21:22 CEST 2011

Hi Grant!

 On 2011.07.18 at 17:52:03 -0700, Grant wrote next:

> downmix.  I just tried -channels 6 -af
> pan=2:.8:0:0:.8:.4:0:0:.4:.6:.6:.2:.2 and the results are great.  I

Note that this pan line is VERY wrong as it puts too much volume into
two channels, you have to reduce coefficients to normalize volume
properly. When loud sounds from all channels occur, often happens for
explosions and stuff, for example, it will exceed maximum volume level
which will be clipped to max, it's a very heavy distortion that's quite
unpleasant to your ears.

--

Vladimir