[MPlayer-users] Using the D510MO Mini-ITX platform for full HD playback

László Monda laci at monda.hu
Mon Jan 31 11:37:32 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> László Monda <laci <at> monda.hu> writes:
>
>> I was able to find a used GeForce 8400 GS which I haven't bought yet.
>> PCI cards are very rare in these days and I wasn't able to find
>> anything else.  Turns out that this is a 64 bit card and I have a 32
>> bit PCI slot.
>
> It works fine in my PIII-500. The only thing you need is a SSE-capable CPU.

I didn't know about needing SSE but it's certainly not a problem for
me as this CPU supports both SSE and SSE2 according to /proc/cpuinfo.

> (There also is a 9400GS - didn't I already explain all this in detail when we
> discussed the advantages and disadvantages of feature set A/B? Sorry if not.)

It seems almost impossible for me to get PCI (not Express) graphics
cards nowadays.  I was lucky enough to find this 8400 GS which I'm
about to buy.

> Please do not top-post, it is considered rude here, Carl Eugen

Sorry, I wasn't aware about that.

László Monda <http://monda.hu>