[MPlayer-users] Using the D510MO Mini-ITX platform for full HD playback

László Monda laci at monda.hu
Sun Jan 30 23:43:32 CET 2011

Here we go again after about one month.

I've just concluded that my D510MO won't cut it.  Not only I cannot
play smoothly full-HD movies, but I cannot even play some of the fast
moving scenes of HD movies smoothly.

I was able to find a used GeForce 8400 GS which I haven't bought yet.
PCI cards are very rare in these days and I wasn't able to find
anything else.  Turns out that this is a 64 bit card and I have a 32
bit PCI slot.  I've made some reading and it seems that 64 bit cards
should work in 32 bit slots but the 32 bit operation causes some speed
degradation, of course.

I'm interested whether 32 bit backward compatibility is assured and if
so will I be able to play back full HD movies whose codec is hardware
accelerated.

If not, then I'll probably sell my D510MO and will buy an ION based board.

Thanks in advance!

--
László Monda <http://monda.hu>