[MPlayer-users] OT:Making a DVD with kino

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 01:38:48 CET 2011

Greetings everybody;

I have about 4.4Gb of .dv files just captured from my Sony TRV-460, a
720x480 digital hi-8 camera.  A family wedding, about 22 minutes long.

Now I need to export them in some format the dvdwriter's like k3b,
understand well and need advice as to the sharpest mode I can do that in
and still be able to make a video DVD.

This, at 720x480 is sharper than most of the dvd's I have rented or bought,
but I'd like to lose as little quality as I can.  I have done this before,
but the marriages have lasted longer than my memory as to what mode(s) I
used at the time.

What mode would suit the vast majority of the dvd players sold in the US in
the last few years?

Thanks all.

--
Cheers, Gene