[MPlayer-users] Slave mode and file name encoding on Windows

Damien Elmes mplayer at ichi2.net
Sun Jan 16 17:51:50 CET 2011

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting mplayer to play files with foreign
characters in them via slave mode's loadfile command. I've tried:

- encoding the filename in utf8 (this works on mac/linux)
- encoding the filename using python's mbcs, which "Encode(s) operand
according to the ANSI codepage (CP_ACP)"
- passing -msgcharset, though I suspect that applies only to output messages

Does anyone know what encoding mplayer is expecting the file names to
be in? Or is there any way I can change the encoding mplayer expects?

Any feedback greatly appreciated,

Damien