[MPlayer-users] Fullscreen only if 1080p

Bexie :) donbex at nerdshack.com
Mon Jan 10 21:26:33 CET 2011

> From: Jorge Fabregas <jorge.fabregas at gmail.com>
> I have a new monitor which has a resolution of 1920x1080.  How do I tell
> mplayer to play any 1080p video in fullscreen mode?  I know I could
> place "fs=yes" on my mplayer.conf but that would open all videos in
> fullscreen mode.

Hello Jorge,
You could try putting at the end of your mplayer.conf something like:

[extension.mkv]
fs=yes

That should tell mplayer to play in fullscreen any .mkv file. I don't
know if there is a way to use codec specific options, though. I have
never been able to find detailed documentation about config profiles
(most certainly my fault, but nonetheless...).

Just my two cents.

Alessandro

--
If God had intended for email to be written in HTML, then the
traditional signoff of prayers would be </amen> -- Tom Liston