[MPlayer-users] Using the D510MO Mini-ITX platform for full HD playback

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jan 7 22:01:49 CET 2011

László Monda <laci <at> monda.hu> writes:

> My question is whether it's possible to play back full HD on this
> platform without any glitches when using a powerful graphics card that
> could accelerate the playback.

Sorry if you found my original answer too obfuscated:
1) It might work with mplayer -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all (you should test this)
2) It certainly works with mplayer -lavdopts skipframe=nonref:skiploopfilter=all
(but skips every second frame)
3) No hardware can decode 1080p60 (but that isn't what you provided anyway)
4) Geforce 8400 PCI easily decodes 1080p24 (that is what you provided)

If 1) doesn't help, I suspect using ffmpeg-mt could help (I never tested it).

Carl Eugen