[MPlayer-users] MKV is so slow to play with mplayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Feb 27 18:00:59 CET 2011

On 23 Feb 2011, at 15:33, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:
>> For me it played crappy both before and after, only the status line made more
>> sense...
>> Of course it could be that it just is such an incredibly horrible encoding...
>
> Define "crappy"...
> Iiuc, the sample was encoded using a horrible de-interlacer.

"crappy" as in "random" video time stamps, it's unwatchably jittery.
Might be a horrible deinterlacer if horrible includes mangling timestamps or randomly dropping frames. I really am not the kind of guy that cares much about video quality, but that was one of the very few I'd rather not watch due to the encoding quality.