[MPlayer-users] dvd: vs dvdnav: which audio track gets selected by default

Mike Castle dalgoda+mplayer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 20:13:44 CET 2011

I have not yet tried this on multiple DVDs (not physically present at
the machine with the DVD in it), so maybe this is something unique to
this DVD.

Most tracks on this DVD have 4 audio streams:  ac3/en, ac3/fr, ac3/es, dts/en

Using dvd://1, it defaults to ac3/en (handled by ffac3), but for
dvdnav://1, it defaults to dts/en (handled by ffdca).

For all other tracks I've tried, both default to ac3/en.

Now, for my case the difference doesn't matter, but I am curious on
what might drive it.  Is it something in dvdnav handling that prefers
one over the other?  Or something in the DVD-VM that sets it?

The reason I noticed this is that I'm trying to compare the
differences between mplayer -identify for dvd: vs dvdnav: and this is
something that showed up.

mrc