[MPlayer-users] RTMP streaming seems to be problematic...

Sander Plas sander at seeas.nl
Sun Dec 11 15:37:16 CET 2011

On 12/11/2011 09:33 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 11:52:56PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>>>
>> rtmp://92.123.66.37:1935/live?_fcs_vhost=cp42183.live.edgefcs.net&akmfv=1.7
>> /Live1 at 1094
>>
>> Works fine for me with ffplay (this time I mean "fine"), mplayer needs -novideo,
>> I guess this does count as "problematic".
>
> Can't see why ffplay would behave differently, but with mplayer the lavf
> demuxer just seems to try to scan the whole file trying to find a video
> stream.

You guys are right, -novideo does the trick!

I went through about a hundred of old e-mail tickets from users that
tried to add RTMP url's of radio stations in the past and all the ones
that are working in flash are now playing fine in yesterday's svn
mplayer without librtmp, if i run it with '-novideo'.

This is great! :)