[MPlayer-users] MPlayer supefluously responds to Ctrl key

Giorgio Vazzana mywing81 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 14:10:37 CET 2011

2011/12/7 Ilja Sekler <ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de>:
> Hello,
>
> starting with r34369:
>

> LANG=C svn log -v -r 34369
> r34369 | reimar | 2011-12-01 19:34:18 +0100 (Thu, 01 Dec 2011) | 2 lines
> Changed paths:
>   M /trunk/libvo/x11_common.c
>
> X11: support CTRL key and thus key combinations with it.

> MPlayer began to display superfluously "Speed: x 1.00" when switching to
> another workspace and back with the usual Ctrl+Alt+Left or
> Ctrl+Alt+Right keyboard shortcut while watching a video. This is very,
> very annoying, so I have to revert r34389 and r34369 locally for now. A
> fix which would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I have noticed it too. Apparently it is enough to press Ctrl to
display the "Speed: x 1.00" message. It's like Ctrl, when pressed
alone, has the same function of the Backspace key.
Also, if you pause a video and press Ctrl (because you want to switch
to another desktop for example) the playback resumes.
It would be great if the new behaviour could be controlled with an
option or something, because, as said, this is a bit annoying to users
I think.

> MPlayer r34401 on Ubuntu 11.04 with compiz as display manager.

MPlayer SVN-r34422-4.4.3 on Ubuntu 10.04