[MPlayer-users] dvdnav arrow keys don't seek?

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 16:55:50 CET 2011

> I see from some previous bug reports, that sometimes using arrow keys
> for seeking doesn't work:
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2010-June/080476.html
>
> I ran into this just now but only in OS X r34269 (seems to work fine
> same version for windows, linux).

Turns out it's actually working as expected.
In
etc/mplayer/input.conf
it has

UP    {dvdnav} dvdnav up          # DVDNav UP

fairly low in the list
etc. so basically the default is for the arrow keys to be remapped to
the DVD menu (only) when playing dvdnav.
If that helps any followers :)
Now if I could just figure out how to use (for instance) ctrl+right arrow key...
-roger-