[MPlayer-users] OK, I seem to be getting somewhere ...

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 08:56:52 CEST 2011

On 30.08.2011 01:17, Albretch Mueller wrote:

>> Don't use SDL as output.
> ~
>  What do you mean? What is the command line option not to?
> ~
>> Config vo=x11 and ao=oss and try again.
> ~
>  OK this is what I get when I use "mplayer -v vo=x11 ao=oss dvd://2"

No no no.
If you want to use it from command line then:

:$ mplayer -v -vo x11 -ao oss dvd://

But you must have SDL configured in config files, either in
/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf or in ~/mplayer/config and theres where you
set it as "vo=x11" and "ao=oss".
If *vo* set to *x11* will work then you could check whatever you have
XServer XV extension and use it instead (it is faster and smoother) -
"-vo xv" / "vo=xv":

:$ xvinfo |head
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0