[MPlayer-users] [patch] fix SPDIF output on Mac

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Aug 29 11:56:39 CEST 2011

Zongyao Qu <zongyao.qu <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Zongyao Qu <zongyao.qu <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Recently I found myself fixed some bugs in Mac OS X(10.7.1).
> > the patch attached in the post, please review.

Please do not re-indent code-blocks ("err = IsAudioPropertySettable" to "failed
to set mixmode"), it makes reviewing the patch much more difficult. The
re-indentation will be done in a separate commit.

Please do not add tabs to a file that does not have them. (or does it?)

> the bug is that, SPDIF DD output could not work.

> and also,

Please send one patch per issue (if that is possible), i.e. one patch to fix
spdif, and one for AudioStreamRangeDescription (but see below).

> the deprecated use of AudioStreamBaseDescription are
> changed to AudioStreamRangeDescription.

Did compilation work with AudioStreamBaseDescription on 10.7?
Does compilation on older (10.5) versions still work with your patch?

If yes/no, then I don't think this part of patch is a good idea.

Thank you, Carl Eugen