[MPlayer-users] -vo directx specify monitor

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 19:55:25 CEST 2011

> How did you check CPU usage?

The equivalent of taskmgr.

> yuv=0 means the colorspace conversion is done on the CPU instead of GPU.
> If you looked at the MPlayer values it's possible it wasn't CPU usage but it was actually waiting for the GPU.

True.  I wish there were an easy way to profile arbitrary programs on
windows--anybody know how?

It seems to be spending about 20% cpu in a thread in nvoglv32.dll and
22% in a thread mplayer.exe FWIW (procexp).

> It seems the 6150LE is exceptionally slow (I developed the yuv=1 version on a 51something and it worked fine, but that was a dedicated - though also notebook - GPU).

It does seem a bit old.  I'll try on some other cards on a different
computer and post back.

-roger-