[MPlayer-users] Was mplayer better in 2006 ???

Emmanuel Anne emmanuel.anne at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 21:31:30 CEST 2011

Interesting.
Well after testing for the stream of rtl9 (low bitrate h264) :
still fails with default options.
If passing -demuxer lavf then the sound pitch is too high at first, too
acute. (
Except that it doesn't crash anymore when seeking in the file.
(mplayer2006 plays perfectly this file with default options !).

Ok, I'll try to record again using demuxer lavf from the dvb card then,
thanks a lot for this anyway !
and sorry for top-posting again, it was unintentional !

2011/8/9 Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>

> On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 03:28:56PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > Emmanuel Anne <emmanuel.anne <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > http://www.datafilehost.com/download-c6b1ff7a.html
> > > That's france2 in hd through the network, h264/faac. No sound with
> default
> > > settings, sound if using -demuxer lavf but crashes as soon as you try
> > > seek in the file in this case
> >
> > Simple patch inlined:
>
> It's really a FFmpeg issue, but this is worked-around in current MPlayer
> and
> hopefully soon also fixed in FFmpeg.

my zfs-fuse git repository :
http://rainemu.swishparty.co.uk/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=zfs;a=summary