[MPlayer-users] Was mplayer better in 2006 ???

Etienne Buira etienne.buira.lists at free.fr
Tue Aug 9 10:38:58 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 10:37:46PM +0200, Emmanuel Anne wrote:
../..

The AAC in mpegts bug was exhibited a while ago (can't remember if it's in early
2011 or 2010, when switching from internal aac decoding to faad IIRC).
Only working way I found was to use -demuxer lavf.

> -demuxer lavf in the 2011 version, it crashes as soon as you try to use the
> up or right arrow !), and the 2011 version for everything else.

Have been reported, a working (unoptimal) patch have been posted on mplayer-dev-eng.

> 2011/8/8 Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>
> > On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 05:17:13PM +0200, Emmanuel Anne wrote:
> > > INFO: libavcodec "aac" init OK!
> > > lavc_audio: error
> >
> > You can still compile against libfaad and use -ac faad.

Not working on such streams. It spams terminal with "FAAD: error:
Invalid number of channels, trying to resync!" and displays only a still
image on beginning or seek.