[MPlayer-users] Was mplayer better in 2006 ???

Emmanuel Anne emmanuel.anne at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 22:37:46 CEST 2011

Well I can provide samples, I guess I need to look on the site how to upload
them then ?
2011 build uses libfaad of course (2.7).

2006 version is very bad with a few things (faac, and I even got some mpeg2
streams looking very weird with it !
So I keep it for now for faad streams (even if you can open them by using
-demuxer lavf in the 2011 version, it crashes as soon as you try to use the
up or right arrow !), and the 2011 version for everything else.

No solution for the h264 streams coming from the dvb card, they use faad, so
the 2011 version can decode them if using -demuxer lavf but without sound,
but the 2006 version can't demux them at all.

So it's not perfect but at least the h264 low bitrate streams work fine now.
Ok, I'll look how to upload some samples then...

2011/8/8 Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>

> On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 05:17:13PM +0200, Emmanuel Anne wrote:
> > And the 2011 version :
> > Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
> > [h264 @ 0xdcd260]Unsupported bit depth: 0
>
> That should be related to supporting decoding of 9-/10-bit H.264.
> And should be easy to fix, can you provide a sample?
>
> > INFO: libavcodec "aac" init OK!
> > lavc_audio: error
>
> You can still compile against libfaad and use -ac faad.

my zfs-fuse git repository :
http://rainemu.swishparty.co.uk/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=zfs;a=summary