[MPlayer-users] Dazzle with mplayer

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Fri Apr 29 12:13:07 CEST 2011

Katelyn Thode wrote:
> Hello -
>
> I am using the Dazzle with mplayer on Ubuntu Maverick 10.10.
>
> I have a camera hooked up to the dazzle through s-video.
>
> The command line I use is:
> mplayer -vo x11 tv://

-vo xv would probably be better than x11 - but then I don't know your setup.

> The output says the selected device is the Pinnacle Dazzle DVC 90/100/101/
> so I know it recognizes the device.  It sets the current input to 0, which
> is composite1, when what I actually want is 1, which is S-Video.

tv:// -tv input=1

It's a long time since I used my dazzle (and I don't think it's the same
as yours anyway) you can set lots of things with -tv eg from my notes -

tv:// -tv
driver=v4l2:norm=PAL:input=2:amode=1:width=720:height=576:outfmt=yuy2:device=/dev/video0

Some of these probably won't be supported depending on your card.

v4l-info

should give you an idea of what yours can do.

ISTR having more success if the video/camera was on before starting mplayer.