[MPlayer-users] Using mplayer as a MPEG-TS cutter

Ptitboul Ptitboul ptitboul.ptitboul at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 22:05:53 CEST 2011

2011/4/26 Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:02:32AM +0200, Ptitboul Ptitboul wrote:
> > However, on one of my computers (running MacOSX on a Core2 Duo...) I have
> > trouble installing mplayer with OSD.
>
> Compiled without support for fontconfig and did not configure/install
> a special font (see also -font option)? Or even no freetype support at all?

Indeed, it is related to fontconfig.
If I do the standard installation of the mplayer-devel package using
MacPorts, I have to add the option -nofonconfig and to put a subfont.ttf in
$HOME/.mplayer to make the video display.
I did not try to find where the issue really comes from. I don't think it is
a mplayer issue.