[MPlayer-users] svn checkout 33269 compile fails with error of ffmpeg libavcodec include opt.h not found

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Apr 22 07:01:17 CEST 2011

On 22 Apr 2011, at 00:07, stan <RegBur_Flydan8 at q.com> wrote:
> I am getting the following error while compiling svn checkout version
> 33269 on Fedora 14, x86_64.

The MPlayer SVN isn't yet fully functional again and FFmpeg had a major version bump.
I'm afraid it will take a bit more time until things are working really right again.

> I looked at the configure options, but I didn't see a way to tell it to
> use the system version of ffmpeg instead of the git version.  Is there
> a way to do that?

The easiest way is probably to check out an old FFmpeg version, but I don't know the command out of my head.
In principle it should involve deleting the old FFmpeg directory and doing a "git clone" with the right options.
You then have to remember to manually update that clone.
System FFmpeg is intended to work by leaving ffmpeg/ there but removing all content.
Likely to have some issues though.