[MPlayer-users] FAAD: ERROR, too many payload bits read [UPDATE]

Nico Sabbi nicola.sabbi at poste.it
Thu Apr 14 17:45:50 CEST 2011

Newsy Paper ha scritto:
> Hi Nico!
>
> thx for your answer. There are 4 AAC streams in an MPEG TS. I posted some example files in my previous posts.
>

>> That kind of encapsulation is hideously error-prone and hard to fix, not in>a sane way.
>>
> Signal is strong here and DVB-S has FEC so there souldn't be any transmission errors.
>

> kind regards
>
> Newsy

you have to consider other things other than transmission errors. The
ADTS format was extremely poorly designed
and even when the stream is intact it's easy to take a bit for another
and make a mess. There was no reason in the
world to think of such an encapsulation, but sadly someone decided -for
no reason- that it was better than the
other plain and simple format used by MPEG audio streams.