[MPlayer-users] change_rectangle in slave mode doesn't do anything

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Wed Apr 13 17:51:40 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Steve Ricketts <velocedge at hotmail.com>wrote:

> I'm sure popen is only called once, trace shows on one request.
>
> Ah, now that's the real problem.  That was my whole intent
>  was to change the
> size and position of the video.  If not change_rectangle,
>  how do I change the
> size and location of the video while it's playing?  This
> is part of a distance
> learning program and I need to expose various parts of
> the program behind the video.
>
> BTW, Thanks so much for the help!
>
> The commands available can be printed using mplayer -input cmdlist.

However, there is no slave command available to resize or move the window.
(You can switch to fullscreen, though, or keep-on-top, look at the
commands). You will have to control the windows position via the the OS (at
least to my knowledge). If someone else knows how to do it dynamically,
please speak up.

You can control its initial size via -x and -y or -geometry.