[MPlayer-users] Configure & ffmpeg git: automatic and not if --help

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Apr 10 00:13:50 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 09, 2011 at 05:32:59PM -0400, sean darcy wrote:
> In todays' svn when configure runs, it just waits at the enter of ^c
> message for ffmpeg git. Last week configure did a git clone if
> nothing happened for 10 or so seconds.

No, it never did so. Downloading without user confirmation is unacceptable.

> I build mplayer using a spec file. The old behavior worked a lot
> better for me. Could we at least have a configure parameter that
> caused the git clone without user intervention?

Get an ffmpeg git checkout there via whichever method is most convenient,
there is no need to have configure do it.
Its purpose is to avoid making the process any more difficult than previously
to new to MPlayer SVN or otherwise less advanced users, if you know how
to build a spec file I'd expect that you can think of a better way of
getting FFmpeg in ffmpeg/ that having configure do it.

> Also, configure --help now requires an ffmpeg git clone. Does it need to?

No, changed.