[MPlayer-users] PGS, -vf scale and artifacts.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Apr 8 00:19:50 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 09:52:42PM +0100, Gaute Strokkenes wrote:
> Recently I noticed that PGS subtitle rendering, when used in conjunction
> with the scale filter and some, but not all, vo drivers, results in some
> highly noticeable artifacts along the right edge of the "bounding box"
> that the subtitles are contained in on screen.  For example:
>
>   mplayer -v -demuxer lavf -sid 0 -nosound -vo xv -vf scale=1280:720 pgs_and_vf_scale_artifacts.m2ts
>
> This works if I change the -vo driver to vdpau or gl, or if I remove the
> -vf scale invocation.

How about vo x11? What if you add a expand=osd=1 filter to make that
one render the OSD?
Most likely this is related to -spuaa, try different values
for that.

> I have a small (less than 100MB) sample file that demonstrates the
> problem, but I would prefer not to upload it to a public space.  It is
> available over http at a URL that I can share in private communication.

That's an option, otherwise you could try if you can reproduce with any
of the PGS samples at samples.mplayerhq.hu, could only find one quickly:
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/sub/PGS/
Also ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming is only accessible to
developers (though it's a good idea to name the file in a way that indicates
it should not be made public).