[MPlayer-users] mplayer 1.0rc3 - CPU load issues
js at reciva.com
Tue Apr 5 18:20:41 CEST 2011
We've compiled for arm and have an audio device fixed at 48829hz. We are
having some issues with audio quality when we set this option
If we remove the option then audio quality is fine, but CPU load goes up
from eg 23% to 46% when playing M4A (44.1khz, 243kbps)
If we set these options
-af-adv force=2 -af resample=48829
the CPU load goes up eg from 23% to 40.1% when playing M4A (44.1khz,
It seems like quite a big jump in CPU load just to deal with the
resampling. A comparable test using eg helix goes from 34% -> 36%.
If we keep the option in but provide the audio clocks externally so
there is no need for resampling audio quality seems fine.
. Does the increase in CPU load when switching from force=2 to force=1
sound about as expected
. Does the increase in CPU load when switching from [-af-adv force=2] to
[-af-adv force=2 -af resample=48829] sound about as expected
. When the audio device natively supports the sample rate of the source
content will -af-adv force=2 have a (or much) negative effect on audio
quality. It seems fairly good to me..
We'd ideally like to keep CPU load close to what we're seeing with
[-af-adv force=2] but without the audio quality issues. I suspect we
need to make the audio device natively support all frequencies but would
prefer a software solution. I notice ->mul is a double which might be
having some effect when resampling is required...
Reciva Ltd, Unit 1, The Old Granary, Westwick, CAMBRIDGE CB24 3AR
Registered in England & Wales No. 04719949
More information about the MPlayer-users