[MPlayer-users] mplayer 2 dumps in the same time

Stefan Sassenberg stefan.sassenberg at gmx.de
Tue Apr 5 11:32:15 CEST 2011

I've never tried it with mplayer streams but maybe you could start a
copy job:

echo -n >pipe1.avi
tail -f --retry pipe1.avi >pipe2.avi &

Then start your dump:

mplayer -dumpstream rtp://someIp:5004 -dumpfile pipe1.avi

When your dump is done, get your tail to the foreground:

fg

and stop it with ^C

Stefan