[MPlayer-users] latest mplayer revision decodes .avi files with terrible screeching sound

Matt Kinni matt at cipixia.com
Fri Apr 1 14:16:33 CEST 2011

Thank you so much Carl, you fixed my problem!  You were right in that it was an issue with
mp3 files, not .avi files like I originally thought (I guess .avi's typically have mp3
audio while .mkv's typically have ac3, which masked the problem and threw me off).

I used "mplayer -ac ffmp3" and that worked, but I'll eventually recompile per your suggestion.

Thanks again for your help :D