[MPlayer-users] M2TS file with broken audio track... (sample uploaded)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Sep 30 11:29:24 CEST 2010

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:

> If you really are too lazy to do what I asked for, please go away!
> Bug reports are very welcome, your attitude is not!

To clarify:

The name of the uploaded file was not
"the_secret_in_their_eyes-4352-broken-audio-track.m2ts" (not even similar, I did
test the right sample though) which is bad considering there are hundred(s) of
files in incoming.

The sample is very interesting, because one of its two audio streams starts ~40
seconds after the other, but both play "fine" with both demuxers.

Therefore, I asked for complete, uncut output which should not have been
necessary because every report on this list needs it (and that really is known
for everybody who has posted here before).

Instead, the OP posted a small part of MPlayer's output that explains what he
should have done (additionally to posting complete output) and that explained
that not doing so will lead to no help. He did not try that, either.

Given that we are all doing this in our free time, I don't think this behaviour
makes sense. Let me repeat that problem reports are very welcome (and
interesting samples probably even more), but if you can't get everything right
from the beginning, at least answer further questions.

Carl Eugen