[MPlayer-users] V210 to

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Sep 28 15:16:08 CEST 2010

András Bohó <andras.boho <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have v210 video and I would need to apply video filters on it.
> The best solution would be to KEEP the original format uncompressed (in
> v210) or if it is really necessary then trancoding can also be allowed but
> not how mencoder does it at the moment. It says "[swscaler @
> 00f12974]BICUBIC scaler, from yuv422p16le to yuv444p using MMX2" but yuv444p
> is totally not compatible with the framework where I need this. I would need
> YV12 or any more suitable format.

1. Your mencoder command line is missing.

2. Consider using FFmpeg, MEncoder is not actively maintained anymore. Atm, many
of MPlayer's filters are ported to (FFmpeg's) libavfilter, if the particular
filter you need is not ported yet, consider hiring somebody.

3. MPlayer (FFmpeg's) software scaler typically only supports YV12, and people
usually complain that they are loosing precision (esp. if the input format is 10
bit). Adding dformat=yv12 or similar will instruct the scaler not to output a
better quality, please read the documentation for more details on scaler
invocation.

Carl Eugen