[MPlayer-users] Uncompressed AVI?

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Mon Sep 27 11:47:18 CEST 2010

>>> codec, player, or simply insufficient data rate from the storage

This is done fairly regularly in the film and TV industry. Usually I specify
a six-disk RAID-0, but four may be sufficient with fast, modern disks which
are not heavily fragmented. I do feel the need to point out the safety
issues inherent in RAID-0, though...

Anyway, most of the uncompressed HD I see is in the R210 codec, which
mplayer won't play in any case. Because of that it's difficult to be
specific about the problem, but I would suspect our previous correspondents
are right and you're just having bandwidth issues.