[MPlayer-users] mplayer slow to start displaying video

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 02:01:57 CEST 2010

On 25 Sep 2010, at 17:25, James Board wrote:
> If I don't use the '-vo sdl' switch, there's no delay, but then the video only displays in a small part of the screen: it isn't scaled to full screen.

I would imagine you intended to demonstrate that you've already tried stuff like this:

       -fs (also see -zoom)
              Fullscreen  playback  (centers  movie,  and  paints  black bands
              around it).  Not supported by all video output drivers.

This is taken from `man mplayer`, which I'm sure you've consulted already.

Stroller.