[MPlayer-users] Avoiding A-V problems

Lobster lobo at lobs.sytes.net
Sat Sep 25 00:07:52 CEST 2010

  On 25/09/2010 5:44 a.m., Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> [mplayer SVN rev 32106]
>
> I have an AVI video which is played perfectly by mplayer.  For editing
> (avidemux can't process the original video), I try to convert it to a
> raw format, however, I always experience A-V delays which are zero at
> the beginning of the output file get larger if I skip towards the end
> of the video.
>
> Is this an indexing problem?  What must I do to get an exact copy of
> what I see with mplayer?  I tried with
>
>    mencoder in.avi \
>             -o out.avi \
>             -vf harddup \
>             -mc 0 \
>             -noskip \
>             -ovc raw \
>             -oac pcm
>
> but obviously this isn't correct...

This sounds like a fps issue.

You could try adding -ofps <desired fps> to the command line and see if
that fixes it.

Also,  using -mc 0 and/or -noskip can cause av sync issues, if MEncoder
needs to
drop frames to keep av sync those options will prevent this.
(especially if your source is variable frame rate)
So it may pay to try the -ofps without -mc 0 and -noskip on the command
line.